8 years ago
28 September 2008
my very first quilt!
So, I have always been against sewing because I didn't think I would ever need to know how to do it. Well, I went with my mom to the Quilt Fair in Long Beach thinking I would need to find a spot to sit down and read the book I brought. I didn't even open it. I had fun, and I even found some fabric and a pattern to make a quilt. I'm still collecting fabric, but I figured I should start on something that was easy and didn't matter if I messed up. I found a box of fabric from some old shirts up in the attic, and I made this. . . .all by myself! Okay, my mom told me what to do, but still.
I even did the quilting part of it. I know it's not perfect, but I like it. And my cat is going to love it:) There's even a pocket for his treats or toys. Anyway, I thought I would share my latest accomplishment.
Oh, and a side note, don't confuse Snuggle with a laundry detergent. It's definitely a fabric softener. Yeah, we went through the whole huge container before I figured that out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
yeah! Go Becky! You did a good job. Knowing how to sew DEFINITELY comes in handy...if you have a sewing machine. ;)
yahoo for you! Yeah I made two quilts forever ago and would love to make another one cause there fun and you feel like you accomplished something, even if our moms did like half the work, lol.
they look great. It's always fun to make a quilt. I really need to get together all of my old levis in the attic and make a couple more to have on hand.
Post a Comment