8 years ago
08 March 2008
skiing
Okay, so I had so much fun up in Utah last month that I am just getting around to posting pictures. No really, I had a blast, I'm just a slacker. I went skiing 5 days in a row, and let me tell you, I was so sore by the end of the week. Luckily, I didn't fall all week, so I didn't have any extra bruises. It snowed so much that week. The first day we went sucked. The runs weren't groomed so there were moguls everywhere. I can do them, just not all day long. Plus, I had to fix my boots cause they were hurting so bad. The next day was great! I had gone down and went sledding with Cami and Jenna the night before, then the next day I went with my friend Jordan to sundance, which is a smaller resort, but it was so much fun. He hadn't been in years, so it was fun to watch him fall. The next day was beautiful again, and the snow was incredible. I have never really skiied in powder before, and it was fun. Thursday was good skiing, but it was so windy and cold, that we couldn't see much, and they closed a couple of the lifts. Luckily, there weren't many people because the weather was bad. Friday was an okay day. I taught my friend Jenna how to ski, since she had only ever been snowboarding. She actually did fairly well, but we had to stay on the green runs all day. The very last run of the day is a little bit harder, but she made it. She just fell a lot. Remember when I said I didn't fall all week? Well, maybe I exaggerated a little bit. I fell on the very last run of the day on Friday. The very last run before we were leaving. After I had been making fun of everyone else that week because they fell, I go and fall. They weren't with me when I fell, so I could have let it slide, but it was too funny not to tell them. The last run was pretty narrow, and there was snow banked up on one side, and trees and a steep run going down the other side. Since I was with Jenna, I was gong pretty slow. Well, I looked back to see how she was doing, and I'm not sure what happened. I must have caught an edge or something, because I landed face first into some powder. My arms were crossed underneath my body still in the straps from my poles. And I don't know what my legs were doing. All I know is that I could lift my head a little bit, so I wasn't inhaling snow, but I really couldn't move much more. And I was laughing so hard because I know it must have looked awesome. Well, I finally got free and made it the rest of the way down. Well, there goes my record of I don't how many years of not falling. I really can't remember the last time I fell. But, it's okay, I saw my dad fall, and I thought he was invincible when it came to skiing. This trip really was fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment