08 November 2009

Update

Time to update my blog. There are going to be a few different posts, so bear with me. Since my last post, I've been pretty busy. I did a sprint triathlon in August, went to Leadville, CO for a fun weekend, got glasses, moved into a new house, went to a hot air balloon festival in Colorado Springs, took a week off work to go to Utah, San Diego, and Arizona, went up to Buena Vista, CO and ran a 5k race, made an amazing birthday cake for my friend Megan's birthday, got a new job as a nanny, played in the snow, made my Halloween costume, and had a picnic. This was about 6 1/2 months after I broke my leg. I did really well on the swim. I came in the top 250 out of over 3,000 participants. I didn't do very well on the bike or run, but at least I finished it. Next time, I'm planning on training for it, and maybe using a road bike, which would definitely help. Also, I don't plan on breaking my leg again, so my run won't be a walk or a jog with a limp:) I moved into a new house with my friend Tiffany, and one of her friends, Rachel. It has been so much fun. Me and Tiffany do a lot together. It seems like we are always working on some project or another. I've been teaching her how to make hats and quilts, and she has been teaching me how to make amazing cakes. We've also been running a lot, and my leg is feeling great. This is the cake we made for Megan's birthday. She is so much fun. I think that's enough for this post. More pictures to come:)

No comments: