08 November 2009

quick trips

One morning before work, I drove down to Colorado Springs for a hot air balloon festival. It was awesome. I've always wanted to get some pictures of a bunch of different hot air balloons in the sky at the same time, and now I have some pretty cool ones. It was so much fun. We took a weekend trip up to Buena Vista, CO for the Autumn Color Run. There was a half marathon that some people ran, a 10k, and a 5k. I participated in the 5k, and I was able to run the entire time. Next year, my goal is the run the half marathon:) The fall colors were so beautiful up there. We rented an awesome cabin and there were a bunch of people that came up. We went to the hot springs up there, which was so cool. There were natural pools rights on the river. And at the upper pool, there was a water slide. At the end of the lifeguarding season, I went to Utah for 2 days, then San Diego for 2 days, and then Arizona for 2 days. Very quick, but very fun trips. I was able to go swimming with Joanna and the boys up in Utah. It was so much fun. I was also able to go swimming with Riley in San Diego. I got to see my new nephew Lochlan, and hang out with the rest of the family. I can't wait to see everyone at Christmas time. We drove over to Arizona for Nixon's baby blessing. He is just so darn cute. Such a chub. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of Lochlan or Nixon. Next time.

1 comment:

The Jones Family said...

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun and doing great. We loved having you back here in wonderful Arizona even if was a short trip. Glad to hear that your leg is doing well and you were able to do the run.