05 February 2009

Yay for Boots!

Well, I am finally out of my splint! I had it for 2 weeks, and now I am in a boot. I am allowed to start putting weight on my leg, too. So, going up and down the stairs is going to be a whole lot easier. I thought that maybe my leg would be smaller, since I haven't used it in 2 weeks, but it is still really swollen from the break. It is starting to turn some really nice shades of purple, too. I was able to see the x-rays from before my surgery. It looks like a pretty bad break. The x-rays from today look pretty cool with the rod and screws in my leg. The little bone that looks like it is still broken is apparently supposed to be right there. before surgery after 2 weeks Well, I am sorry if any of these pictures were too graphic. I am not disgusted by broken bones or blood or other such things, but I know that some people are. So, sorry.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Um Becky,
Explain to me why the "little broken bone" is "supposed to be right there!" I am having a hard time understanding that one???

The Garlock's said...

yeah me too, that little bone doesn't look quite right. But wow that looks like a bad break, now you just need to explain how exactly you did it!

The 4 Davis' said...

I AGREE WITH THE OTHER COMMENTS. woRKING IN THE or i HAVENJ'T HEARD THAT BEFORE. bUT THAT WAS A BAD BREAK. !!

KMad said...

yeah, the graphic warning would have been nice BEFORE I read the whole blog. gross! But I'm glad you're in the boot now :)