
day 6 was the most physically demanding day of the whole vacation. we left early to drive to the north shore to start our hike. everyone except mom came. we stopped to see the wet cave, and it looked disgusting. the dry cave is one that we saw on day 3, but we didn't go in it. once everyone got ready, we hiked 2 miles along the na pali coast to a pretty sweet beach. the only problem was that you couldn't go swimming. the waves were huge and the current was so strong. there were signs along the trail warning you not to go swimming and signs that showed how many people had gone missing. it was a pretty strenuous hike, and it was hot. after a brief rest, we hiked 2 miles inland to Hanakapi'ai Falls. we went swimming in the freezing cold lake at the bottom of the falls. let me tell you, it was quite a shock jumping in there. we ate lunch at the falls, and then headed back. coming back down to the beach wasn't so bad, but the next 2 miles along the coast were rough. kevin, conor, and erin were bookin it. we saw them at the beginning of the hike, at the beach for about a minute and then at the falls. on the way back, we didn't see them til the car. we all made it safe and sound back to the hotel. Well, I didn't make it all the way back to the hotel without getting sick. I don't know what happened, just a lack of water, or too much sugar, but I knew I was going to yak about 20 min before I actually did. I was really trying to wait til we made it back, but we had to pull over:( not fun. I'm glad I went on the hike, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment